Tuesday 28 February 2017

Myself and I - Constance A. Newland

Here is the intimate and completely frank record of one woman's courageous experiment with psychiatry's newest drug LSD 25


FOUR SQUARE BOOKS 1261 
FIRST FOUR SQUARE EDITION 1965
LONDON, UK
FIRST PUBLISHED IN HARDBACK BY FREDERICK MULLER LTD 1963

LSD 25

'I travelled deep into the buried regions of the mind. I discovered that in addition to being consciously a loving mother and respectable citizen I was unconsciously a murderess, a pervert, a cannibal, a sadist and a masochist. But in the wake of these dread discoveries I lost my fears and achieved complete sexual fulfilment.' With unsparing honesty, Mrs. Newland presents a minute by minute account of her penetration into the still uncharted regions of the unknown. She reveals how she purged, under the influence of the powerful psycho-chemical LSD 25, the depths of human negativity. Examines her overcoming of the baffling problems of frigidity in a liberally-educated woman...recounts her weird fantasies and inexplicable nightmares. This terrifying but often admiring journey is reported with incredible candour.

No comments:

Post a Comment